We are pleased to announce that HKUST has established an Enterprise License with Mentimeter to provide you with a mechanism to enhance face-to-face and online class interaction, performance and evaluation of students.
Here is a user guide to help you get acquainted with Mentimeter and be inspired to incorporate interactive presentations in your instruction.
Mentimeter is an online interactive presentation builder tool. You can create live polls, word clouds, quiz competitions, and survey forms within your presentation. In addition, you can pause at any point of your instruction to check in, focus or reinforce some information needed for better retention and quality learning.
With Mentimeter, you can enhance active learning, participation, and two-way communication with your students. Furthermore, some research proved the benefits of Mentimeter to improve teaching and learning, particularly:
Effective classroom management
Increased student focus and participation
High knowledge retention and performance
Collaborative learning & inclusion
Sign up for the HKUST Enterprise account by following the steps below. You will be directed to the Single Sign-On (SSO) page.
- For existing accounts using the @ust.hk or @connect.ust.hk email, you will be prompted to link your account to HKUST’s Enterprise account.
- For existing accounts using personal email (any paid plan), please modify your account settings by changing your email to @ust.hk or @connect.ust.hk before joining the Enterprise License.
- Click https://mentimeter.com/join/hkust to join the HKUST Mentimeter subscription.
- Key in HKUST as your organisation’s name if asked.
- Sign in with your HKUST authentication to proceed.
First-time users will receive a confirmation email. Please click confirm and connect your ITSC account to HKUST’s subscription. On the other hand, existing users may connect to the University’s subscription.
- Any existing paid account will need to be cancelled before you can activate your Enterprise account with HKUST. Contact CEI through firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2358-8036 if you have any questions on this.
Click on the icons below to watch some video tutorials and kick-start your next presentation.
Mentimeter provides opportunities to boost student learning and engagement during instruction. Looking at Robert Gagne's nine events of instruction, Mentimeter activities can enhance each event to improve student learning and performance.
Teachers and students can have effective two-way communication.
Learning from peers clarifies misconceptions and creates a more positive and uplifting attitude and behaviour.
Teachers can use insights on students’ feedback, knowledge gaps, and needs to tailor and improve instruction.
Anonymous participation encourages equal opportunity to participate, ask and voice concerns in a safe environment.
Polls, questions or quizzes can help teachers set expectations, gain student attention, and focus on critical points during the instruction. Interactive activities can trigger class discussions, removing traditional lectures' communication barriers.
Icebreakers stimulate a fun learning environment, creating pauses during long lectures.
Quiz competition stirs up a highly motivating and energizing atmosphere.
Here are some slide samples used to engage students.Click to know more about the different question types you can use to make your lectures more engaging and inclusive.
Learn more from other Mentimeter users and find answers to some commonly asked questions (FAQs) regarding the usage, features, setting and more.
What additional resources can I use to advance my skills on Mentimeter? Mentimeter team produces various resources to help the users advance their skills and keep them updated.
- Learn from the Mentimeter team by visiting the Mentimeter Help page.
- Enrol yourself on some Menti Certificate and Micro-courses by visiting the Mentimeter Academy.
- Join some expert-led interactive webinars by clicking here.
- Subscribe to the Mentimeter YouTube channel.
- Join the Mentimeter Super Presenters group on their Facebook.
- Follow Mentimeter on LinkedIn to keep yourself updated about the latest news, discussions, and tips for professional development.
- For feedback about Mentimeter, its features, or request for additional features, you may contact mentimeter.canny.io.
- For Mentimeter technical support, contact email@example.com.