The Academy of Education Excellence (AEE), facilitated by CEI, will be open to all faculty members at HKUST who have demonstrated a commitment to improving their teaching skills and have contributed to the development of good teaching practices at the university.
Faculty members with evidence of an excellent teaching track record can apply to become a Junior Fellow, Fellow, or Senior Fellow of the AEE. Applications for AEE membership will be reviewed by a committee, and decisions will be based on the qualifications, scholarship, and teaching record, as well as other relevant factors of the applicant.
Why establish the AEE?
Enhance your teaching skills through tailored opportunities
Earn and promote teaching awards and institutional acknowledgment
Exchange ideas and best practices in regular meetings and workshops
Work with CEI to develop effective teaching strategies
Provide guidance in the Undergraduate Teaching Opportunities Program (UTOP)
How does the AEE enhance your professional growth?
- Gain more structured support for teaching and learning
- Benefit from strategic faculty development training
- Opt for a specific pathway to develop your teaching
- Discover new reasons and rewards for growing as an educator
- Contribute to pedagogical research through scholarly activities